Demand Letter Attestation
If you are planning to recruit Nepalese Nationals in groups, please be advised to go through the following list of requirements in order to prepare your documents. It is strongly recommended to put these documents in the order given so as to expedite the process:
- Demand Letter (with full information on number and gender of workers, working hours, basic salary working days, food allowances, accommodation, transportation, medical insurance, workmen’s compensation insurance (for injury and death), joining and return ticket, cost of visa and other benefits) – 2 copies (one original and one photocopy)
- Power of Attorney (authorizing a Nepalese Manpower Agency to recruit and supply workers by the company based in the UK/ Ireland /Malta. The Power of Attorney must have license numbers of both the Nepalese and concern companies) — 2 copies (One original and One photocopy)
- Two-Party Agreement (agreement between Nepalese Manpower Agency and Company or Agency in the UK/Ireland/Malta ) — 2 copies (One original and One photocopy)
- Guarantees Letter: (an undertaking conforming that the worker(s) will not be asked to work in the company other than the specified one and will not be sent out of the UK/ Ireland /Malta if the company is multinational and also the assurances of safety and security of female workers. – 2 copies (One original and One photocopy)
- Sample of Employment Contract : between the employer in the UK/Ireland/ Malta and Nepalese worker (s) –2 copies for each job type, category or position. However, companies can prepare only one Sample Employment Contract for several job type, category or position if all categories of workers get the equal salary and other benefits. In such a case, companies may indicate more than one job title in one Sample Employment Contract (for example; Nurse/Security Guard/Waiter/Bartender/Cook etc.
Sample employment Contract must contains: basic salary and information about other benefits such as food allowance, medical insurance, accommodation, workmen’s compensation insurance, working days and hours, annual holidays, transportation, visa cost, two way air ticket, cost of medical test, training guarantee of the job etc.
- Company’s Trade License– 1 copy.
- Copy ofCompany’s Profile –1 copy.
- A copy/proof of approved quota paper needs to be submitted.
- A copy of theLicense issued to the Nepalese Manpower Agency concerned by the Department of Foreign Employment, Government of Nepal –1 copy.
- Please follow the same link to download sample copies of Demand Letter, Power of Attorney, Two-Party-Agreements, Guarantees Letter and Employment Contract Link : Download here
Minimum Basic Salary
Please note that the Government of Nepal has fixed the minimum basic salary and allowance for food and accommodation for various job categories as mentioned below:
|Job Category||Basic Salary||Food|
|Skilled/ Highly Skilled|
The Minimum salary for domestic workers has been fixed at …..
Documents attested by the respective Chamber of Commerce and Foreign Ministry or the concerned authority of the State of The UK/ Ireland /Malta:
- Demand Letter (original and its copy)
- Employment Contract as per format of the Labour Department for each category of salary (original and its copy).
- Power of Attorney (original and its copy).
- Letter of Guarantee addressed to the Director General of the Department of Foreign Employment of Nepal (original and its copy).
- Inter-party Recruitment Agreement between the Company (Employer) and Recruitment Agency of Nepal (original and its copy).
Fees: According to the number of demands: 1 to 25 person -£230.00, 26 to 100 person -£265.00 and more than 101 person -£305.00. Other related documents attestation and correction will be cost £75 per document. (Effective from 17 July 2018).
Mode of Payment:
Please note: Notice on collecting fees.
- Upon completion of the above requirements, the Embassy will attest the Demand letter, on payment of GBP According to the number of demands: 1 to 25 person -£230.00, 26 to 100 person -£265.00 and more than 101 person -£305.00. Other related documents attestation and correction will be cost £75 per document. (Effective from 17 July 2018) for each document (total attestation charges depend upon the number of Sample Employment Contract.
- Payments can be made with Cash or Postal Order. Personal Cheques are not acceptable.
- The service delivery is 2 to 3 working days unless required for further verification.
- Seals and signatures are verified but not attested of such documents by the Embassy.
- Applications should be submitted between 9:15 – 13:00 hrs and 13:00 – 16:15 hrs during working days.
- Document Collection:Between 12:00 – 13:00 hrs and 14:00 – 17:00 hrs during working days.
- The fee can be paid in cash for application made in person or by postal order/bank draft made payable to ‘Embassy of Nepal’ for the Demand Letter attestation (*Please note that personal cheques are not accepted)
Contact Person: Mr. Lawa Subedi, Second Secretary.
(Such as Academic Certificate, Citizenship Certificates, Birth or Death Certificates, Marriage Certificate, Relationship Certificate, Citizenship, Driving license, Marital Status etc)
Fees:£40.00 (Effective from 17 July 2018)
(Such as issued documents by Banking/Financial organizations, Migration Certificate, Police Clearance Certificate, Physician or Doctoral/Doctorate Certificate, Affidavit etc. FEES: £75.00 (Effective from 17 July 2018)
- Original document in Nepali and its English translation duly sealed and signed by Law Books Management Board or Police Headquarters or other concerned Government authorities. The translated document must be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kathmandu,
- Application to the Embassy specifying requirement of such document,
- Copy of passport of the Applicant,
- Copy of recent visa of the Applicant,
- If it is the case of academic certificate verification, the applicant should get the certificate verified by the competent authority of Nepal (eg SLC, HSEB, Ministry of Education, etc), then attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kathmandu prior to its verification by the Embassy of Nepal.
- Payments can be made with Cash or Postal Order. *Please note that personal Cheques are not accepted.
- The service delivery is 1 working day unless required for further verification
- Seals and signatures are verified but not attested of such documents by the Embassy
- Applications should be submitted between 9:15 – 13:00 hrs and 13:00 – 16:15 hrs during working days
- Document Collection:Between 12:00 – 13:00 hrs and 13:00 – 17:00 hrs during working days
Contact Person: Mr. Tejendra Regmi: Third Secretary