Replacement of Damaged, Torn or Lost Passport (Normal Processing Time: 5-7 weeks BUT the application from Ireland, Malta and Iceland or any other postal applications may take 2-3 months (special circumstances apply).
- The applicants from the UK should visit the Embassy in person for live enrolment. They should fill the pre-enrolment form and visit the Embassy in person to provide biometric information (For Pre-enrollment form, click here). While filling the pre-enrollment form, the applicants are requested to select ‘Mission’ at the application source (Section 3.Appointment).
- The applicants from Ireland and Malta can provide two copies of the completed and printed application form to the Embassy by post. Download ( To Save the Form ‘Right Click’ on the downloaded Form and click on ‘Save As’. Save the Form on your computer then fill the Form. To Print, please select Option ‘NONE’ on ‘Page Scaling’ or ‘ACTUAL SIZE’, then Print the completed Form).
- Application stating reasons of lost or stolen, damage, or tear.
- Photocopy of lost Passport and valid visa copy or photocopy.
- Police report with PP No. and Name (applicable only if lost)
- Original Nepalese citizenship certificate & also a photocopy of it
Total 2 pp size photographs (borderless, white background, colour, size 35mm x 45mm)
- Due to the Live MRP enrolment system, the applicant must visit the embassy with cash of (£220) for passport fee except for the special circumstances
- The applicants from Ireland and Malta should enclose bank draft of (£220) made payable to ‘Embassy of Nepal’ and a separate (£10) bank draft for the self addressed return envelope (for renewed passport to be sent back). In addition, postal application should send 4 pp size photographs (borderless, white background, colour, size 35mm x 45mm)
For more information please contact us on 02072291594 or email: email@example.com