All passengers travelling to Nepal by air or land route no longer require a proof of COVID Vaccinations (COVID pass) or a negative PCR test report of COVID-19.
Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) for Tourist Visa
- Online Electronic Travel Authorization application form for Tourist Visa (https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np/onlinevisa-mission/application).
- ETA application submission time:- 9:15-13:00 hrs OR 14:00-15:30 hrs (on weekdays except public holiday including bank holiday).The appointment is not required.
- The traveller should submit valid physical passport (with validity of a minimum period of six months) either in person or via post to the Embassy along with the print-out of the visa application.
- After the Embassy verifies the ETA application, the traveller is required to pay for ETA.
- Children under the age of 10 shall be issued gratis ETA free of cost.
- ETA document can be collected on the same day if applied in person. If the application is made by post, the processing time is 3 working days.
- Card Payment (Visa Debit/Credit, Master Card Debit/Credit, All Maestro cards) is accepted for the payment of visa fees. A virtual payment link will be sent to the applicant’s email if visa application is made by post.
- A self-addressed return envelope should also be sent to the Embassy if applied by post.
- Please note Non-UK Passport holders should submit a UK residence permit in addition to other required documents
Electronic Travel Authorization for Travel Document Holders and the Nationals of
Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Swaziland, Somalia, Liberia, Iraq, Ethiopia, Palestine, Syria and Afghanistan
Documents Required For Travel Document Holders issued by the Government of UK, those who have been in the United Kingdom in a refugee status:
- Original travel document with at least 6 months’ validity
- A copy of citizenship certificate of the sponsor and signed sponsorship letter
- A copy of UK resident permit card
- Proof of Address
- Details of Confirmed Hotel reservation
- Valid Confirmed Air Ticket
- Latest 1 month Bank Statement
- Processing Time: One week
- Online Electronic Travel Authorization application form (https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np/onlinevisa-mission/application).
Applicants can submit their documents for ETA and collect their passports in person or through their agents/representatives or by post as well.
For the application received by post, a Virtual Payment (Visa Debit/Credit, Master Card Debit/Credit, All Maestro cards) link will be sent to the applicant’s email once the application is received at the Embassy.
Please do not enclose a postal order or a bank draft for the payment of visa fees now onwards.
The applicants from the United Kingdom can enclose a Self Addressed Envelope with Special Delivery Stamp as per necessity with the application. (*Please do not use printed stamp and label)
ETA for Diplomatic Visa
ETA for diplomatic visa shall be issued to a person holding a diplomatic passport who needs to visit Nepal in connection with his/her official duty.
- Original Diplomatic/Official passport with at least 6 months’ validity with at least two empty pages.
- One recent passport-size photograph
- A note verbale from the Foreign Ministry/diplomatic mission/ international organisation or equivalent offices with a request for an ETA for diplomatic visa, stating clearly the purpose and period of the visit.
- Online Electronic Travel Authorization application form for Official/Diplomatic Visa (https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np/onlinevisa-mission/application)
ETA fees will be as follows:
|Type of Visa
|Visa Valid for
**Once visa issued, it will be valid up-to six months only, so please enter the country within six months of visa issued date & DO NOT apply for a visa after or before 6 months you travel.
**Please note: Once the ETA is approved/issued, the fees will not be refunded.
**Tourist visas can be obtained on arrival at entry points except for the nationals of Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Swaziland, Somalia, Liberia, Iraq, Ethiopia, Palestine, Syria and Afghanistan.
**Refugees travelling with travel documents will require ETA before arrival.
Visitors may also obtain tourist visa at following arrival points in Nepal: Click here for Arrival points
A tourist visa can be extended from the Department of Immigration and Pokhara Immigration Office for a total of 120 days.
An additional 30 days visa may be granted on reasonable grounds from the Department.
Over the course of a visa year, a tourist cannot stay in Nepal more than cumulative 150 days.
Non-Residential Nepalese Visa:
1.If any foreigner of Nepalese origin residing in foreign country wish to reside or conduct business, profession or Study, teach in any subject in Nepal, ETA for non-residential Nepalese visa may be issued to him and of his family.
2. The format of non-residential Nepalese visa shall be under Appendix 3b.
For Rules and Appendix Please see link below Immigration office, Nepal
For more information please contact us on 02072291594 or email: email@example.com